Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Know-it-alls

Know-it-alls really make my crazy.  They are so busy patting themselves on the back and one-upping people that they don't even see the eye-rolling or recognize their delusions of grandeur.

You know the type:
  1. Loud-mouthed
  2. Braggart
  3. Me...me...me - we've all heard that song before
  4. I've done this...I've done that...I have this...I have that -- yeah, mm hm
  5. The great "I am..."
  6. They don't know it but immediately preceding their arrival in the room the words, "Oh no, (fill in the name), is here."
  7. The, "I'm only telling you this for your own good types..."
  8. The constant criticizers of others for mistakes that they are always making.  Eg - they forget to sign out in the office 250 days a year, you forget momentarily, but they are right there to point it out or shout it across the room.
  9. They are too sexy for their shirts, hats, shoes, etc.
  10. Usually, they are fighting with everyone in their family, their extended family and quite possibly a few friends from grade school. 
These poor unfortunates cannot even begin to pretend that they know the meaning of the quote, "Would you rather be right or happy?"

Poor, poor, pitiful them.  Wait a minute, poor, poor, unfortunate us that have to deal with them on a daily basis.

What drives you crazy about know-it-alls?

PS - check out this website - http://www.magicmud.com/Les%20Petites%20Family.htm for the statue in the picture above - cute - and perfect for this post.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man - I can SO relate to what you're saying! My favorite part is when they have no actual experience but they think that their advice is the best anyway.

    UGH!

    In other news, sorry if I came across as bitchy...I just couldn't believe that someone in the medical profession asked it...mostly because I was all "Hey -you're going to see all my lady bits in about a week and you'll be able to tell for yourself!" It was just awkward. :)

    ReplyDelete